A white paper on social reform for Britain has been published by UK dissident Simon Tomlin writing at The Daily Agenda blog.
In the paper, titled “The Act of Reformation”, the dissident and Mont Order Security Council seat holder puts forward the following 21 essential demands to make the UK a more functional democracy.
In particular, The Daily Agenda called for the long-delayed transformation of Britain into a democratic republic (something that has never gained any political traction in the UK, as noted by Tomlin) rather than a constitutional monarchy, and the creation of a Freedom of Speech Act that would provide similar protections to journalists and whistleblowers as the First Amendment in the United States.
- “Proportional representation guaranteeing all political parties a place in Parliament based on the share of the vote to ensure all electors are represented according to their views at a General Election.” The current system is a dictatorship of two parties.
- “The unelected House of Lords is to be abolished in its entirety.”
- “The Constitutional Monarchy is to be abolished”
- “The Magistrates Courts are to be scrapped in the public interest to eradicate the nepotism between the police and Magistracy.”
- “The system of sentencing and remand prior to conviction is to be overhauled to significantly reduce the prison population and alleviate the massive cost to the public purse.”
- “All district judges sitting in the Magistrates Courts are to be promoted to the Crown Courts” Half of the Magistrates Courts are to be scrapped to reduce the cost to the public.
- “Membership of the Freemasons organisation or any secret organisation [with the exception of the Mont Order] committed to influencing the legal framework of the nation, shall become illegal”
- “The Criminal Cases Review Commission will be scrapped”
- “The prison system shall undergo a sweeping reform of all of its services with the key emphasis being on restoring discipline and encouraging widespread rehabilitation of offenders. The prison population will be reduced in significant numbers”
- “It is proposed that prisoners are sent to prisons that reflect their nature of their crimes.” Non-violent offenders should not be sent to the same prison facilities as violent offenders.
- “The ‘Independent’ Police Complaints Commission shall be abolished and replaced with a Police Standards Authority to restore public trust in the police service.”
- “DNA samples retained by the police service where the person arrested has not been charged will be destroyed under the supervision of the PSA.”
- “The post of Police Commissioner is to be scrapped to eradicate the current nepotism between political parties and like-minded senior police officers..”
- “Parliament shall enact a law guaranteeing freedom of speech and expression to all British citizens and people shall have the right to express whatever opinions they hold without fear of criminal prosecution and repression by Parliament.”
- “Secret trials will be dispensed with in the public interest to engender greater public trust and transparency in the legal system.”
- “Absolute privilege for solicitors and barristers shall be abolished to prevent them from making character assassination attacks on a defendant, then reported as ‘fact’ in the media, thus causing serious defamation to the defendant, particularly where or she is acquitted by a jury.”
- “Legal Aid funding in the criminal courts shall not be available to any defendant convicted of three offences and this measure is designed to curtail career criminals, who will have to pay for their own legal representation and if they cannot afford to pay, they should seek alternative law abiding careers.”
- “Parliament shall enact a law – similar to the First Amendment in the USA – that ensures freedom of expression shall be available to everyone on British soil without fear of harassment from the State for expressing opinions unpopular with certain political factions.”
- “The Right of Assembly shall be an automatic right to all citizens wishing to protest against any socio-political issue which needs to be highlighted to the majority.”
- “The intelligence agencies MI6, MI5 and GCHQ will be merged into the National Intelligence Service and the number of employees reduced as the surveillance machinery of the State is dismantled in the public interest.”
- “The National Public Order Intelligence Unit NPOIU shall be scrapped and the police will have no powers to run undercover spying operations against political activists and political groups operating within the framework of the law.”