You will rent forever and be happy. Or at least that’s a possible future, based on some people believing that the housing market is being seriously manipulated, to make a handful of companies the landlords of our planet. Or, at least, just to drive up costs for everyone.
Companies like Zillow, Redfin, and Opendoor have been accused of manipulating the housing market to drive up prices, and to increase profits for themselves. They have denied these accusations, but there seems to be at least some evidence suggesting there may be possibly be manipulation of real estate prices happening behind the scenes.
But there’s more. Because housing investors like Blackstone, BlackRock, Vanguard, and others have also been accused of wielding too much power over the real estate market. As well as possibly also blocking certain actions that may result in more affordable housing for the masses.
► SOCIAL MEDIA:
• Abundantia Instagram: @abundantia.co https://www.instagram.com/abundantia.co/
• Sorelle’s Instagram: @sorelleamore https://instagram.com/sorelleamore
• Leon’s Instagram: @leonhill https://instagram.com/leonhill
• Abundantia Twitter: https://twitter.com/abundantiaco
• Abundantia Facebook: http://facebook.com/abundantiafinance